About Me

My photo
I’m from New York but my driver’s license lists that my address is Ohio. My passport has a number of stamps in it. I’m the youngest of six, yet oldest son. I have a number after my initials, but not my name. I like music. I like coffee, beer and bourbon. I am a follower of Jesus. I watch bonus features on DVD’s. For four months each year my wife and I are the same age. “I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians.” I am an ordained pastor, but don't currently have a church. I’ve eaten raw horse meat. I’m fifteen inches taller than my wife, but I look up to her. I still prefer buying CDs to downloading music. I’m a night owl, who doesn’t mind getting up early. I like to play games. I moved to another country nine days after my wedding. I sometimes quote random lyrics. I believe in miracles. I prefer desktops to laptops. I like listening to audio books. I watch Buffalo Bills and Sabres games. I have five sons. I'm living life mid sentence.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Memories From The College Years

On several occasions during my college years I was fortunate enough to be able to go on trips, to truly experience life and enjoy all that comes along with the whole college experience. On two occasions I went to visit my sister in Orlando and while there I took in all that Disney and Universal Studios had to offer. At a different point I even had the chance to go to Israel. But while riding roller-coasters and swimming in the Sea of Galilee were exciting, they are not the moments that I cherish the most from that period of my life. The times I cherish the most were the times I would just sat around in a friend’s office listening to music and the Tuesday nights jazz sessions in the university’s snack shop. Between taking exams and writing research papers I hardly ever took the time to close my eyes and breathe in all that was going on around me but on the few occasions I did, I knew that those were the moments that would be with me for the rest of my life. College, like many times in my life, flew by so fast that before I knew it the moments had passed and all that remained were the fleeting memories of a few great times. After receiving my diploma I can’t say that I looked back with regrets for spending too little time on my studies but instead what I do regret is the chances I had to spend time with others that I passed up. Some nights I opted to study instead of going out for coffee, and other evenings I sat in my apartment and watched movies while others were out sitting around bon fires. Much to the dismay of my parents and professors, if I could go back and relive my college years I would probably wind up with a 2.0 instead of a 3.0 but I believe that I would have fewer regrets and more memories to cherish.