About Me

My photo
I’m from New York but my driver’s license lists that my address is Ohio. My passport has a number of stamps in it. I’m the youngest of six, yet oldest son. I have a number after my initials, but not my name. I like music. I like coffee, beer and bourbon. I am a follower of Jesus. I watch bonus features on DVD’s. For four months each year my wife and I are the same age. “I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians.” I am an ordained pastor, but don't currently have a church. I’ve eaten raw horse meat. I’m fifteen inches taller than my wife, but I look up to her. I still prefer buying CDs to downloading music. I’m a night owl, who doesn’t mind getting up early. I like to play games. I moved to another country nine days after my wedding. I sometimes quote random lyrics. I believe in miracles. I prefer desktops to laptops. I like listening to audio books. I watch Buffalo Bills and Sabres games. I have five sons. I'm living life mid sentence.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Learning to Let The Artist Take Control

Today is a new day that God has given me. Yesterday's problems, worries and fears are put aside and a blank piece of canvas is laid out before me. What will this new work of art turn out to be? I do not know, but I trust the artist to not to disappoint. One of the difficulties with working with this Artist, however, is the picture that He and I have in mind usually are not the same. But I have to lean on the understanding that He is the master and I am a mere servant. While He spews out paintings that dwarf the works of Picasso, Van Gogh and Da Vinci, I remain in the corner with crayons drawing stick figures. Nonetheless, giving up control to Him, and taking my hand off of the paint brush is not easy, yet for the work to turn out as He imagines, I must do just that. As I loosen my grip on the paint brush, I begin a free-fall into His loving embrace.